Welcome to Hilton Head’s #1 nightlife guide.
On this page, you’ll discover the vibrant and varied nightlife scene in Hilton Head. You’ll find the perfect venue for you and your preferred night out. Whether you want to go all-out clubbing or if you’d like a more laid back dinner and drinks with a view, we’ve got your covered.
Visiting Hilton Head Island for the first time would be a great experience. After a tiring day of activities in the city, Hilton Head Island becomes a magical retreat for a perfect vacation venue. There are plenty of golf courses, world-class beaches, natural beauty, and a laid-back spirit on Hilton Head Island that make it a relaxing and welcoming getaway destination. The relaxed and warm atmosphere that can be found in Hilton Head Island is truly unique. Hilton Head Island is the perfect family vacation destination because of its living style. Hilton Head Island is considered a Lowcountry place as a barrier island and is located in Beaufort County, South Carolina. Ranking among the top island resorts in the country, Hilton Head offers something for everyone.
Spend some relaxing moments at the beach
Beachgoers can enjoy playing in the sand, riding the waves, strolling along the coasts of the Atlantic Ocean, and basking in the sun on more than 12 miles of the best beaches in the country. It is no wonder that Hilton Head Island has been rated one of the top 10 family beaches in the nation. A few of the top beaches are South Beach, Coligny Beach, Folly Field Beach, Forest Beach, and Driessen, to name a few. Hilton Head Island is considered one of the great vacation destinations because of the white sand beaches, warm water, and sunshine days. As the #1 island in the continental United States, Hilton Head Island deserves that distinction.
Ready for some exciting night’s fun?
While sunsets on Hilton Head Island are thought to be a beautiful way to end another perfect day, the fun just gets started for many locals and visitors. Take in a few laughs at one of the many comedy clubs or watch your favorite sporting events at a famous sports bar. At Hilton Head Island, it’s impossible not to have a good time when it comes to nightlife.
- WiseGuys – a modern bar and lounge: A dining attraction on Hilton Head Island, WiseGuys offers a fusion of modern, sophisticated, and urban vibes. It boasts a wine list containing over 200 bottles. Furthermore, they use a wine-keeping system to ensure that everyone gets a perfect glass of wine. You will feel like you are in an urban restaurant atmosphere as you dine in the dining room. It is impossible to compare WiseGuy’s unique atmosphere to anywhere else. The restaurant has a spacious bar, a stylish lounge, and a separate dining area. They offer various dinner dishes to choose from, such as seafood dishes and aged steaks preserved for maximum flavor and tenderness. Furthermore, it has been voted the best steak, martini bar, and tapas restaurant in recent years.
- Big Bamboo Cafe: This restaurant is built to replicate the original design dedicated to the natural setup. A variety of great food is served there from across the country. As freely and casually as the drinks flow, so does the conversations here at this fantastic cafe. Live music is provided at the venue daily for the living soul in you. The Big Bamboo Cafe on Hilton Head Island offers a South Pacific theme and is located just a few steps away from Coligny Beach. A Carolina Seafood & Live Music restaurant that offers exhilarating salads, custom-built burgers, barbecue and grillers, exotic and tasty margaritas, and craft beer selection from around the state. Its outdoor dining arrangement also offers a great way to enjoy the dinner night. The cafe has special days set for some unique artists like Thomas Claxton, Jason Laporte, Pat n’ Kat, to name a few.
- Callahan’s Sports Bar and Grill: Home to Hilton Head’s number-1 Sports Bar and Steelers place serves up a variety of bar snacks & beers while offering a relaxing atmosphere while enjoying the game. What better way to watch the game than to sit back, relax, and enjoy it? If that is the case, Callahan’s is a perfect place for you. Every game you can think of is being played in the bar, along with some pocket-friendly beers and great drinks. Callahan’s is highly recommended for its friendliest staff, unique cozy atmosphere, witty and funny bartenders, and many more. It is regarded as a fantastic option for watching sporting events and football games. In addition to the incredible cuisine, the bar promises some terrific experiences.
- Frosty Frog Cafe: Frosty knows how to make some great daiquiris, and they also know how to cook some delectable dishes. Located at the 1 Forest Beach at Coligny Plaza, the place also offers Hilton Head’s favorite pizzas, salads, appetizers to suit your needs. As a must-stop, it is appreciated by customers for a suitable place for eating and drinking. A restaurant open to the air makes it a great experience even for the kids. The restaurant provides excellent service and delicious food to enhance your experience.
- Reilley’s Grill & Bar: Since 1983, Reilley’s Grill & Bar has served incredible steaks, seafood platters, tasty Italian pasta, and grilled sandwiches on the Hilton Head Island. Reilley’s has a vintage feel reminiscent of an authentic Boston pub, with a sophisticated ambiance. The best outdoor and pet-friendly patio in town is arguably found on the convertible walls of the restaurant. Your big game won’t be missed with Reilley’s top-of-the-line technology! Their employees care about making sure you get the best food, cocktails, beers, and service at any time. In 2015, readers of Hilton Head Monthly recognized it as the “best brunch” in the area. This place has a special menu for each day and hosts Lobster Night every Monday, Lump Crab Cake every Wednesday, Bistro Night every Thursday, along with the Best Happy Hour every day from 4 pm – 7 pm.
- Wild Wings Cafe: Open till midnight, the Wild Wings Cafe located on 72 Pop Ave is the perfect spot to grab a beer and some super delicious chicken wings! There are over 30 sauces to choose from in addition to what you must be already craving. Furthermore, they offer a daily Happy Hour special from 4 pm – 7 pm, a suitable time to grab their famous craft beers, drafts, and the all-favorite famous chicken wings.
- Charbar Co.: The signature handcrafted shakes and specialty craft beers from Charbar Co. complement the extensive menu of innovative dishes that deliver an exceptional dining experience. If you are looking to spend some time with great live music, Happy Hours, and patio dining, Charbar would be a perfect place for a dinner date. This restaurant is very proud of its burgers and is constantly working to create the best burgers in the world. Burgers at Charbar are made with perfectly-ground beef mixed with Charbar’s secret seasoning to relish the greatest tastes in town. Even if you are looking for some fantastic Sushi and boutique wines, Charbar is the place for you.
- Holy Tequila: Situated on 33 Office Park Rd #228 and open till 10 pm usually, Holy Tequila serves the best Mexican cuisine in Hilton Head Island. Awarded as the Best Mexican Restaurant, it is part of the Serg Group of Restaurants and stands distinguished among the other popular dine-in venues. The spirited, authentic atmosphere at Holy Tequila gives guests a sense that they are at a coast-side Mexican region enjoying fusion dishes of gourmet Mexican and American flavors.
- Rooftop Bar: As the only place to be after dark, the Rooftop Bar features panoramic views at sunset, live performances and entertainment, dance floors, an excellent bar, along a resident DJ. If you want to know when the hottest events are taking place in Hilton Head, join the Poseidon VIP club. Rooftop Bar is located on 38 Shelter Cove Lane #120 and is usually open till midnight or 2 am. The venue is considered the Hilton Head’s premier live music place and is also known for hosting the Island’s most significant dance parties and offering some fantastic sunset happy hours. If you wish to host a private event, there are special provisions and arrangements available at the place for a customized fun party. Pertaining to its lively nightlife environment, Rooftop is a popular place for birthday celebrations and bachelorettes.
Enjoy some Jazz time with family and friends:
Jazz Corner offers gourmet dining and jazz performances in a relaxing, intimate setting every evening. Downbeat Magazine cited it as one of the 100 greatest jazz clubs in the world. This year the Jazz Corner has completed 22 years of its spectacular and entertaining journey featuring some great gourmet cuisines. Located at the Village at Wexford C-1, the place is the most common and appreciated venue for jazz lovers on the Island. It hosts several live jazz performances featuring some great jazz foundations, most of these events happen multiple times a month, and you may book your seats from its website.
Explore the fantastic art, culture, and water activities:
Exploring the site is a great way to learn about art, history, and drama. There are several galleries, live music halls, dance and theatre venues that occur year-round on Hilton Head Island, making it one of the most delicate art and culture hubs in South Carolina. You can visit the Gullah museum, Choral Society, Symphony Orchestra, or library on Hilton Head or attend a play, concert, or performance in one of the various theatres on the Island. The area also offers several other exciting activities. You can also go out on a kayak or paddleboard adventure, take a fishing charter, or go dolphin-watching. Other activities that you can try include surfing, fishing, diving, sailing, and water skiing. No matter your preference, you can find a Hilton Head Island water activity that suits you. Sea Monkeys Watersports Tours, Hilton Head Island Sailing, Broad Creek Marina Adventures, H2O Sports, Pirates HHI, etc., are a few among the many famous tour companies offering safe and a variety of water activities as per your requirement.
Plan for some Golf Getaway: Hilton Head Island is always a popular place for golf getaways. Several significant airports offer nonstop flights, allowing you to wake up at home and play golf before lunchtime. In addition, golf on America’s Favorite Island has never been more affordable, thanks to some famous golf partner establishments. So take your clubs out for one more round on Hilton Head Island before putting them away. Sea Pines Resort, Heritage Golf Group, Palmetto Dunes are a few of the award-winning golf venues to explore on the Island.
Places to stay on Hilton Head Island:
- Sunset Rentals: Sunset Rentals has been accepting reservations for 28 years and knows that your vacation time with your family and friends is priceless. Your vacation is meant to be enjoyed by them, so they want to ensure that you do. Their team on the Island is always on hand to assist whenever there are any issues. Their top-notch service makes them a locally owned and operated Hilton Head Island company offering top-notch accommodations. They have a lot of options ranging from Villa and Home Rentals, Sea Pines, Shipyards, Forest Beach, etc., to opt from. Chateau Paradise, Port Track 50, Forest BCH Villa 306, among others, will suit your needs and expectations.
- Seashore Vacations: Varied rental properties can be adapted to suit different vacation needs. Some locations throughout Forest Beach, Shipyard, and Sea Pines offer visitors a wide array of activities, such as golf, outdoor and indoor games, shopping, exploring the places, dining, or you may take a break on a beautiful beach. Forest Beach Villa 407, Surf Court 83, Wood Duck Rd 77, etc., are some of the terrific options for accommodation.
Making memories on Hilton Head Island will last a lifetime. The Island is one of its kind and sets different from other regular island vacation destinations that will make you crave another extended stay in, on, and around the beautiful, serene Atlantic Ocean. So what are you waiting for? Get your bags packed and fly to this fantastic Island.