Welcome to Virginia Beach’s #1 nightlife guide.
On this page, you’ll discover the vibrant and varied nightlife scene in Virginia Beach. You’ll find the perfect venue for you and your preferred night out. Whether you want to go all-out clubbing or if you’d like a more laid-back dinner and drinks with a view, we’ve got your covered.
Virginia Beach is a famous resort city with hundreds of hotels and restaurants facing the beach. You can find this infamous beach in the USA. It is renowned for the beautiful Atlantic Ocean coastline and a fantastic blend of delicious seafood varieties, crafted cocktails, refreshing music, and a serene yet happening nightlife. Evenings are just an onset to a fun-filled time with friends and family. So grab your seat at some performing arts comedy club and theaters, or hit the town at some of the famous bars or breweries. This unique coastal city of the United States sets the stage for a night that you won’t fail to cherish. Additionally, you won’t feel like sleeping off the fantastic nightlife that Virginia Beach has to offer. So, if you wish to explore more about the nightlife of Virginia Beach, the following are the best places for you.
You never want to miss going to the famous clubs and bars
- Murphy’s Irish Pub: It is known for its famous traditional setup offering Irish food and an entertainment-filled fun night, fuelled by the daily-special menus, Irish and domestic Happy Hours. Murphy’s is a popular place with a large fireplace suitable for cold winter months and an outdoor patio for chilling summer treats. In addition to the Irish and local entertainment, it is also a good place for live music, comedy shows, and an exciting chance for customers to win at their challenging Trivia games mostly arranged around NHL or New England Sports. Murphy’s pub won’t disappoint you on your plans to catch up with some friends over excellent beers and seat-clenching sports games or for taking a relaxing dive into the weekend with their delicious food.
- Big Woody’s Bar and Grill – Virginia Beach: This is another locally-owned prime spot to check for some excellent services and hospitality, carbonated or alcoholic beverages, and mouth-watering food. Among its famous burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, steaks and seafood, wings, and local beers are the most favorite option among customers. Lunch and dinner is served daily with multiple light and heavy dishes to satisfy your hunger needs, both inside or outside in the warm weather. Also, look for an overwhelming Happy Hour (available daily), games and sports like the NFL or NHL events, and other college sports on their colossal set up with 28 big-screen TVs and two large projectors. Additionally, they organize live band shows and have exciting patio arrangements for customers to chill and relax.
- Calypso Bar & Grill: Popular for its beachside venue featuring a casual American menu, ocean views & live entertainment, Calypso Bar and Grill is situated at 11th street and Atlantic Ave on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. The local owners are proud of their majestic setup facing the Atlantic Ocean and the enormous covered patio where you can enjoy the best musical evenings Virginia Beach has to offer. Customers usually opt for their daily Happy Hours from 2-7 p.m. for some tasty clams, oysters, and all-time favorite chicken wings. However, if you are craving some fresh seafood and meats at lunch or planning to have a late dinner till 1:30 a.m. any day of the week, opt for Calypso.
- Elevation 27: Awarded as the Best Live Music Venue and 2020 Veer Music Awards, Elevation 27 is situated in the Hilltop area of Virginia Beach and elevates 27 feet above sea level. It is the most preferred place among music, theater, and comedy artists. It offers a recording studio with a floating stage located before a spacious open floor that directly connects with the audience. It also has the best sound system with enhanced interiors and theatrical curtains that offers the best quality experience. Elevation 27 is benchmarked with the best American venues and theaters for its sonic perfection, providing a pleasant feeling for both the artists and their audience. Offers suitable seating arrangements with chairs, tables, banquettes, and a covered outdoor patio for guests to relax and watch live shows while enjoying food prepared by their restaurant. The menu includes perfectly smoked BBQ, contemporary cuisine, and daily classics.
- 21st Street Seafood Company: If you want to get some freshly cooked seafood and steaks by the side of an outstanding bar, 21st Street is the right place for you. Customers usually book a table at either of their indoor or outdoor seating and get to choose from their best burgers, sandwiches, fresh vegetable salads, homemade sea crab soups, and oysters.
- Fired Up Sports Bar & Grill: Formerly known as “smokies,” the bar is based on the idea of providing a perfect place for “old”& “new” friends to meet and catch up on some quality time. So get fired up to try some of the fantastic culinary experiences in Virginia Beach crafted by their experienced chefs. In addition, customers have exciting consider the place as a suitable chilling venue to enjoy karaoke or watch a game together or play pool. The food and beer prices are a bit reasonable, promising commendable bar and table services and some delicious specialties.
- Central111: Whether you want to host some theme parties or enjoy a fun time with friends, Central111, situated on 401 N Great Neck Rd, is the perfect place for you. It serves the popular Tapas menu till 3 a.m. and operates all week long. Said to be a hybrid of the contemporary South Beach Miami style eateries and lively nightclubs, Central111 does not let you miss the Vegas vibes. Food is excellent here; customers have Steak Oscar, and Lemon Pepper Chicken is among the highly recommended dishes. Overall, it is a great place to test your musical best while enjoying Virginia Beach’s best cuisine and beers. Don’t forget to show some dance moves along with your friends and enjoy the much-needed leisure moments at the Hookah Lounge.
Enjoy some famous live concerts in the Virginia Beach style
Virginia Beach promises multiple opportunities to music and art lovers with some state-of-the-art venues to host celebrity events. Some of the live concerts you may like are:
- Sandler Center for the Performing Arts: Ranking 1 out of 9 concerts and shows available in Virginia Beach, Sandler Center promises a world-class experience. The area’s latest establishment is considered a suitable hosting venue for famous American and nationally praised entertainers. The center creates an intimate atmosphere with its flawless acoustics and state-of-the-art comfortable interior. It is also certified as “Virginia Green” and “Energy Star Efficient.”
- Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater: Ranked 3 out of 9 concerts and shows in Virginia Beach. This theater has a 20,000-capacity with outdoor concert setting that can host up to 30-40 events each season. It is certified as “Virginia Green.” It has five giant video screens with CD-quality sound featuring the hottest performers in music genres ranging across adult contemporary, R&B, pop, alternative, country, jazz, rock, and classics.
- Virginia Beach Funk Fest Beach Party: If you plan to visit Virginia Beach in August 2021, make sure to book your tickets for an upcoming funk music event on August 27 and 28. Funk is a well-known music genre among the youth influenced by R&B, jazz, and gospel. This party takes place on 24th street. It is famous for its fun-filled ambiance, that the Virginia Beach Funk Fest Beach Party has delighted customers. If you are a music lover and want to enjoy a funky oceanfront with their electrifying music, fantastic food, and assorted vendors, this beach party is for you.
Enjoy the local and iconic Orange Crush
If you wish to try some freshly squeezed orange juice (taken out from the uniquely built crushing machines) mixed with gin or vodka and carbonated soda, do take a stop at the Waterman’s Surfside Grille. Situated on the sand along the Virginia Beach Oceanfront and near Chix on the Beach and The Shack on 8th, Waterman’s Grille offers the fan-favorite Orange Crush along with some other fantastic cocktail combinations. Getting here in the evening and dancing to the tune of live music or karaoke is considered the right way to get through a cheerful night.
Places to vouch for if you want to escape with some great cocktails
- A perfect night is incomplete without some unusual, adventurous, yet satisfying cocktail drinks. The clubs and dining places in Virginia Beach offer various drinks to choose from, with as many as hundreds of options that would challenge you to try them all!
- The Hunt Room: Set on Cavalier Hotel, 4200 Atlantic Ave. The Hunt Room is a fantastic place that not only promises some unique ambiance and deliciously carved dishes but also gives you a chance to relax and reminisce by its roaring fireplace. It is also famous for its rustic setup that takes you back to the old historical times, with the vision of bringing the classic American Social Club and Tavern to the modernly built Cavalier Hotel. If you wish to spend the night having quality and leisure time with family and friends or want to explore some original handcrafted spirits from the nearby Tarnished Truth Distillery, The Hunt Room is a must-visit place for you. It offers some mouth-watering dishes inspired by the old yet classic cuisines of the world, along with its famous handcrafted cocktails. You can also try their uniquely smoked cocktails, favorite draft beers, and wines. The place opens from 4 p.m. till 11 p.m. on Mon-Wed, and on Thursday midnight and 1 a.m. on Friday-Sun.
- Pasta E Pani by Salvatore: Crave for some Italian taste in the American land? Pasta E Pani is the right place for you to indulge in authentic Italian pasta, pizzas, risottos, homemade desserts, and the list goes on. With classic Italian favorites like Campari, Limoncello, and a selection of martinis, you can’t get limited here. Pasta E Pani is also one of the only places that offer a chance to drink your favorite desserts. Yeah, you read that right! Their classic cocktails are Tiramisu Martini, Kahlua, and Tuaca. The owner and chef Sal Robilotta personally makes sure that you get some delicious food amidst its stellar service and perfect ambiance. This famous dining place is situated on the 1340 North Great Neck Road and remains open till 9 p.m.
- Hot Tuna: Located close to the Chesapeake Bay, this restaurant is famous for some great seafood which customers can enjoy at the comfortable outdoor seating facing the great Atlantic Ocean. You can treat yourself to a discounted customized cocktail by the side of their delicious fish, crabs, and shrimps. Along with the daily Happy Hour offers, customers usually recommend trying them on a Wednesday night, also called the Tapas Night, as the Happy Hour pricing starts from 5 p.m. and extends up to 9 p.m. with select Tapas options available to serve you at best. It is also a favorite place to enjoy some summer-time margaritas, mojitos, and crushes from their diverse cocktail menu.
Staying at the beachside
Tourists usually prefer to opt for vacation home rentals or camping and cabins, which promise an exquisite view of the ocean and a fantastic experience of living under the open sky. Oceanfront, Pungo, Town Center, Chesapeake Bay, etc., can be some of the chosen locations for your stay. Red Roof Inn, Best Western Center Inn, Econo Lodge in the Ocean, Comfort Inn and Suites, Barclay Cottage Bed and Breakfast, and The Historic Cavalier Hotel and Beach Club are a few of the places to choose from, depending on your budget.
If you are looking forward to celebrating your summer or fall vacations in the country’s most popular and unique beachside places, Virginia Beach should be on the top of your list. It not only promises some fun-filled life cherishing experiences with friends and family but will also take you on an unimaginable and refreshing ride. Also, look out for some musical treat to your ears at its famous live concerts and karaoke shows; indulge yourself in the delicious delicacies inspired by classic global cuisines, along with some fresh seafood offerings and sophisticated yet adventurous cocktails. The Atlantic Ocean, thereby, promises to give you some peaceful, serene, and priceless moments in the purview of Virginia Beach.